Sharing time during morning meeting is a fantastic way for students to get to know each other and for teachers to get to know students better. It can be tough to come up with new and original prompts so this extensive list will give you 100 morning meeting sharing ideas to use right away.
Morning Meeting Sharing Ideas
- What do you like daydreaming about?
- What makes you happy?
- If you could do anything right now, what would you do?
- What would be your dream job?
- If you were a superhero, what would your name be? What powers would you have?
- What makes you feel loved?
- How do you show people you care?
- Which school rule would you change?
- If you could add a pet to your family, what would you add?
- If you wrote a book, what would it be about?
- Which board game/computer game/app is your favourite?
- How do you help others?
- Are you a morning or night person? Why?
- Tell us about an interesting dream you've had.
- What do you like most about school so far? What would you like to see changed?
- Which hobby do you enjoy most?
- What do you like to do outside?
- Which season do you enjoy most?
- What class do you wish we offered in school?
- Name three things you cannot live without.
- What three words would you use to describe yourself?
- Who inspires you?
- If you could give $100 to charity, which would you choose?
- What strengths do you bring to our classroom? To the school?
- Where would you like to travel?
- If you started a band, what would the name be?
- What makes you feel energized?
- When do you get a chance to be a leader?
- What is one thing you could do all day without stopping?
- What's a memory that makes you happy?
- If you could change one thing about your room, what would it be?
- What bugs you?
- What are three things you'd like to do this year?
- How would you spend a day off from school?
- What do you wish we did more often?
- If you could design a new app, what would it do?
- When do you laugh at school?
- If you were a teacher, what would you teach?
- What makes you awesome?
- How do you like to be greeted?
- What is your least favourite chore?
- Describe your dream house.
- What is your favourite storybook character?
- What do you think is your hidden talent?
- If you had to give your family members new names, what would they be?
- What would you do if you made the rules at home?
- How do you organize your room?
- Do you like group work or individual work best?
- What's a skill you would like to learn?
- What helps you feel welcome?
- Can money buy happiness?
- What makes you curious?
- When are you most creative?
- What is your proudest moment so far?
- If you could travel back in time three years and visit your younger self, what advice would you give yourself?
- What makes you feel brave?
- If you could give one gift to every single child in the world, what gift would you give?
- Where is your favourite place in the world?
- What is the hardest thing about being a kid?
- What is the best gift you have ever given? Why was it so special?
- If you could grow up to be famous, what would you want to be famous for?
- Are you a good friend? Why do you think so?
- What character makes you laugh most?
- Of all the things you are learning, what do you think will be the most useful when you are an adult?
- What is something that makes your family special?
- At what age is a person an adult? Why do you think so?
- Where did you encounter a struggle this week? How did you deal with it?
- What are your dreams?
- What's your pet peeve?
- When you've had a bad day, what do you do to make yourself feel better?
- What would your perfect Saturday be like?
- What's a great book you've read recently?
- Who is the kindest person you know?
- What do you look forward to when you wake up?
- If you could choose your own nickname, what would it be?
Light Hearted Morning Meeting Sharing Ideas
- What would peanut butter be called if it wasn't called peanut butter?
- If you could invent something that would make life easier for people, what would you invent?
- What one invention would you un-invent and why?
- Would you rather win $10 000 or let you best friend win $100 000?
- You discover a beautiful island where you decide to build a new society. What is the first rule you put in place?
- If you became invisible for 10 minute RIGHT NOW, what (school appropriate) things would you do?
- What is a saying or expression that you probably say too much?
- Do you put your cereal in the bowl before the milk or the milk before the cereal?
- If you could play one song every time you entered a room what would it be, and why?
- Your English teacher is actually a witch! One day, she gets tired of you not paying attention and zaps you in to a novel. Which novel would you hope she zapped you into and why?
- Are pets better than humans?
- What is your favourite combination of colours?
- If you were a teacher, and the kids in your class would not listen to you, what would you do?
- Would you rather give up breakfast, lunch, or dinner… forever?
- What five things would you take with you during the zombie apocalypse and why?
- Which day do you consider to be the true start of the week, Sunday or Monday?
- You’re asked to cook dinner for your family and are sent to the store with $20. On the way, however, you stop for at Starbucks and meet a friend you owe $10 dollars to and she wants her money now. By the time you get to the store, you have $6 and 10 minutes to shop. What’s for dinner?
- If humans started colonizing Mars, would you volunteer to move there? Why or why not?
- What is something about yourself you could totally brag about, but usually don’t?
- Would you rather have a photographic memory or be amazing at one thing, but only so-so at everything else?
- Where do you not mind waiting?
- You are given the option of keeping your name or choosing a new one. What do you choose?
- If animals could talk, which would be the rudest?
- Would you rather be a master at every musical instrument or fluent in every language in the world?
- What is an unwritten rule in school that everyone knows anyway?
- If life were a video game, what two cheat codes would you want?
- What is your favourite smell?
- If you could make one rule that everyone in the world has to follow, what rule would you make?
- When was a time that you felt lucky?
- If you could ask your pet 3 questions, what would they be?
No More Planning for Morning Meeting
I love morning meeting. I think it’s my favourite time of day, although Daily 5 is a close second.
There’s only one part of morning meeting that I don’t like… can you guess?
It’s the planning!
In order to keep it fresh and engaging, I feel like I’m forever on the hunt for new ideas for morning meeting. It takes some serious time to plan all four parts and I can better use that time on the weekends for sipping coffee and reading books.
SO, I came up with a solution.
Every month, I plan your morning meetings FOR you.
I create themed morning meeting slides for elementary teachers. In these slides, the greeting, sharing and group activity is already planned for you. All that’s left for you to do is to type in your morning message.
Click to try two weeks of my morning meeting slides for free!
If you want to check out the growing bundle, click on the cover picture below. Trust me, I’m already jealous of the time you’ll be freeing up!
For further reading on morning meetings, check out the following blog posts: